HIT MUSIC and ALBUM TRAX from the 80s and 90s



Tuesday 2Play


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Introducing Tuesday 2Play... Each Tuesday we will post 2 songs that are somehow related to one another... they could be 2 by the same artist, same compilation album, same soundtrack, artist's solo work vs their group work, or same central theme...

This week, I'm pulling a real ace out of my sleeve and starting with George Michael. He started out in the UK with That Other Guy (Andrew Ridgely) and formed WHAM! (my vinyl edition of this first album has them listed as WHAM! UK). Their first album was FANTASTIC! That's not a review, that's the album title. Released originally in 1983 it was relatively unknown here in the US... they really didn't make it big until, well, they released Make it Big in 1984.

So I present to you, a track from that first album, my personal Favorite...
Wham Rap! (enjoy what you do)

Georgie went solo soon after, and sometime in the early 90's, though I can't give you an exact date, released this gem of a song....

Too Funky

I can see the video in my head everytime I hear it...

That's your Tuesday 2Play this week, kids!

~DJ RyRy


3 Responses to “Tuesday 2Play”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    NICE! SPARK*POP sometimes does the HUMP-DAY TRIPLE PLAY...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'll have to keep my eyes open for that on wednesdays....

    now that I'm heavily like entrenched into this retro blog, I'll be checking the POP one more often :-)

    I'm still excited about doing this blog :-)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanks for posting Too Funky...hadn't heard that one in years!!

SAY WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY!

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







Previous posts

Archives







LINKAGE


ATOM 0.3






You may only download because you have the original copy of it. Otherwise, you must immediately erase the file because it is illegal to have it.
You have been notified and we do not take responsibility for the incorrect use by the web visitors.
SPARKRETRO is absolutely against bootlegging so please don't do more damage to the record industry.
If you are an band or artist (or represent one) being featured on this audioblog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

SPARKRETRO isnt here to step on anyones toes. We just want to help promote great music and expect nothing in return.