HIT MUSIC and ALBUM TRAX from the 80s and 90s



how rude of me...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I suppose I should have given y'all an introduction post before I just go crazy posting all my retro favorites.

First off, my name is Ryan (or DJ RyRy when I used to DJ) I'm 25 years old (single gay male in case you were curious) I live about 45 minutes West of Boston, Massachusetts, I myself, am a musician of sorts. I studied music for 2 years (vocal major) at Franklin Pierce College in New Hampshire... I would have completed my BA had I been able to get more financial aid... blah. I've performed a lot of Classical pieces, The Messiah, Handel's Theodora, Mozarts Requiem, Faure's Requiem... I was in 2 Operas... so singing and recording Pop/Rock/Electro type of music is a whole other ballgame for me, it's challenging me to rediscover my voice, I just got layed off from my job, which is one reason I've been able to finally get myself posting here.

Aaryn asked me to be a contributor because he knows my love for all the Best (and worst) Retro tunes... the pop, rock, new wave, punk, rap, etc etc. Among my favorite artists... Duran Duran, The Cure, ABBA, Pet Shop Boys, Scissor Sisters, Kylie Minogue (I like her sister, Dannii too), Goldfrapp, Fischerspooner, Adam Ant, Ace of Base, Alcazar (I love those swedes!) Erasure (as well as solo Andy Bell), Depeche Mode, The Beatles, Barry Manilow, Donna Summer, Diana Ross (supremes and disco era), Berlin, Billy Idol, Blondie, Bronski Beat, David Bowie, Divine (the drag queen from John Waters films, not the girl group lol), Elton John, The Doors, Human League, Michael Jackson, Johnny Mathis, Ladytron, Madison Avenue, Madonna, Mamas & The Papas, Missing Persons, Meat Loaf, No Doubt, Pretenders, Poison, Motly Crue, Queen, Poe, Pointer Sisters, Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Cher, Steve Miller Band, Taylor Dayne, Thompson Twins, Tom Jones, Trina, Village People, Ritchie Family, Bee Gees (early stuff AND the disco stuff).... I love lots of like 70's disco music... I have a wide range of tastes, this is a small example, I just got tired of typing lol.

So I have a lot of material to work with to keep me posting here for awhile.

It's great to be here... if you're on myspace, feel free to look me up there at www.myspace.com/durancureboy and my music projects are both in my top 8 if you're interested in those.

Ok, enough about me, you all probably don't care haha.

I now return you to your regularly schedule Retro tunes....

~DJ RyRy


1 Responses to “how rude of me...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Kylie has a sister? How come ive never heard of this

    j.k :P>

SAY WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY!

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







Previous posts

Archives







LINKAGE


ATOM 0.3






You may only download because you have the original copy of it. Otherwise, you must immediately erase the file because it is illegal to have it.
You have been notified and we do not take responsibility for the incorrect use by the web visitors.
SPARKRETRO is absolutely against bootlegging so please don't do more damage to the record industry.
If you are an band or artist (or represent one) being featured on this audioblog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

SPARKRETRO isnt here to step on anyones toes. We just want to help promote great music and expect nothing in return.