HIT MUSIC and ALBUM TRAX from the 80s and 90s



Liza+Pet Shop Boys= great RESULTS!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






So this weekend saw the reairing of the 1972 Classic Liza Minnelli TV Special, "Liza with a Z" on Showtime for the first time in 34 years. It was remastered and enhanced. Liza was everywhere on TV and in Magazines here in the US to promote it. To celebrate Liza being all over the place, I wanted to share with you a landmark album of her career...

in 1988, she headed into the studio with Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe, yes, Pet Shop Boys. They were to produce this album for her, "Results" which was released in 1989. She scored many number 1 hits off this album, Liza was back!... and doing POP!... She covered 2 Pet Shop Boys songs (made into orchestrated masterpieces), "Tonight is Forever" (off their Debut album, "Please") and "Rent" which was on their second album, "Actually"... she also covered the Sondheim song "Losing My Mind"... The song "Twist in My sobriety" is a cover song, and the beginning rap is stolen from "Liza With A Z"...

So Ladies and Gentleman, I give to you, "Results", all the tracks complete, in order... I also give you the Pet Shop Boys versions of the songs she covered (they went on and covered some songs from this album, but I don't have them to share)... and while I'm at it... I'll give you 3 bonus dance remixes!

The Links for these tracks will only be active for a limited amount of time... I suggest buying the album, it's worth it. I have put a * next to the tracks that I feel are the best...

Enjoy!

Liza Minnelli- RESULTS (1989)

1. I Want You Now*
2. Losing My Mind*
3. If There Was Love
4. So Sorry, I Said
5. Don't Drop Bombs*
6. Twist in My Sobriety*
7. Rent
8. Love Pains
9. Tonight Is Forever*
10. I Can't Say Goodbye

Liza Minnelli- RESULTS Bonus Dance Remixes (1989)

Losing My Mind- Extended Mix
Don't Drop Bombs- Extended Mix
Love Pains- Steve Silk Hurley's Remix

Pet Shop Boys

Rent- From the album "Actually" (1987)
Tonight Is Forever- From the album "Please" (1986)

ENJOY!

~DJ RyRy With A Z


7 Responses to “Liza+Pet Shop Boys= great RESULTS!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    thanks...i had completely forgotten how good this album was...great call. i'll have to dig up the psb version of so sorry i said. :-)

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I have their 1991 "Performance" tour DVD and it has them doing "So Sorry, I Said", "Losing My Mind", and maybe 1 or 2 other tracks from "Results" live in concert... They did the Liza version of "Rent" on this tour as well... great DVD, very interesting performance... but as far as MP3 versions, no, I don't have any.

    You'll also notice Neil Tennant's voice in the Extended Mix of "Losing My Mind"...

    definitely a classic album, I never really paid much attention to Liza until I heard this album (and I heard it YEARS after it was released!), that was even being in love with "Cabaret"...

    I do suggest seeing "Liza With A Z"... finally I was able to see her at her peak, the dvd is released on Tuesday, April 4...

    now that I think about it, I think I may have some PSB versions of the songs on CD somewhere, I went through a phase where I bought EVERYTHING of theirs I could get, i just don't have it all uploaded, I'll have to dig through my boxes of cds...

    I'm glad someone out there has heard this album and likes it... I hope to turn others onto it as well, as it didn't do overly well here in the US, it was HUGE in the UK...

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Awesome album, I had it on cassette with the remixes on vinyl. "Twist in My sobriety" was a Tanita Tikaram cover, there was a good Razormaid mix of Liza'a version. Razormaid also did a great Hi-NRG mix of "Love Pains" which is actually also a cover, the original was an old disco tune by Yvonne Elliman.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The original Twist In My Sobriety is brilliant. Tanita has done two songs that make it into my pantheon: Twist and another called Stop Listening.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Excellent! I had this extended of Don't Drop Bombs on vinyl "back in the day" and it was borrowed by a friend who never returned it! Great to finally find it again! THANKS THANKS THANKS! I feel like I'm back in the late 80's!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i had this cd for my 16th birthday. I lost it and now i have it again. Forgotten how much i liked 'Love Pains'. Thanks!!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Gayest post ever :P>

SAY WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY!

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 







Previous posts

Archives







LINKAGE


ATOM 0.3






You may only download because you have the original copy of it. Otherwise, you must immediately erase the file because it is illegal to have it.
You have been notified and we do not take responsibility for the incorrect use by the web visitors.
SPARKRETRO is absolutely against bootlegging so please don't do more damage to the record industry.
If you are an band or artist (or represent one) being featured on this audioblog and want me to take down a song, let me know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.

SPARKRETRO isnt here to step on anyones toes. We just want to help promote great music and expect nothing in return.